Designing Elegant Product Visualizations in CINEMA 4D & After Effects
In this series of tutorials, I detail how to take a sketch for a watch idea from the initial design all the way through to the composited render. This tutorial takes a full pipeline approach so that learners can see every step that it takes to design, model, texture, animate, light, render and composite a full product visualization.
Some of those steps include:
- Beginning in Illustrator, designing a path rendering of the watch as a top down view
- Saving those paths to be used as splines in CINEMA 4D
- Bringing our splines into CINEMA 4D
- Using many different modifiers to bring the splines to life as 3D geometry
- Using easy procedural texturing with just a few tweaks to work quickly
- Lighting the shot
- Adding a few different camera shots to fully showcase the aspects of our model that are most appealing
We finish up by taking the rendered frames into After Effects to do a full composite; complete with lens flares effects and much more. By the end of this training, learners know how to take a simple sketch idea from it's infancy to a polished 3D portfolio piece.